Thursday 19 June 2014

Celebratory dinner!


I finished my exams yesterday (can I get a wooo hooo?!) and the lovely Boyfriend took me for dinner at Hawksmoor on Regent Street. 

For those who don't know, this place is steak central; steak is my favourite food so I was keen to get a manly steak in to celebrate in style and Hawksmoor didn't disappoint. The food was fabulous, the service impeccable and the place itself was beautiful. 

Afterwards a much needed walk was in order to walk off the food and refuel with some cocktails...




Money Penny shows off her fur du jour in the background.

Passing Liberty on the way - resisted the urge to go in. 

Regent Street, it was beautiful weather but this pants photo doesn't do it justice.
I think this is a Fruit Cup cocktail, the waiter recommended it and it was amazing - like a mix of Planter's Punch and Pimms.






Love art deco.

Rib-eye steak, just under medium, cooked to perfection. 
The Boyfriend went for bone-in sirloin, also fantastic. 

Triple cooked chips with mayo - what else?

And a mini baby sized mac n'cheese on the side, though you really will be filled up on the steak and chips alone!

A stroll down Piccadilly afterwards. 
Oh lordy, I think these were in the window at Cafe Royle - must go back for some!
Terribly blurry but you get the idea.

The Burlington Arcade, so fabulously Jeeves and Wooster and even better...

Laduree!! I case you hadn't noticed, it's GOLD inside. Wow. Unfortunately it was closed but I did get a lovely box the next day - courtesy of the wonderful Boyfriend :)
YUM.

Jackson and Rye in Soho - such a lovely place, we only had a drink but I need to come and eat here sometime as the food looks super good. 



How cute are these?
We ended up at a pub in Seven Dials, I lovelovelove this place.

 A beer for me and a vodka and cranberry for him... just kidding.



In the spirit of indulgence we stopped a corner shop on the way back and stocked up on late night goodies. 

I picked this up at Waterstones on the way to dinner, been meaning to check it out for ages - will let you know the verdict. 

The next morning 'Snug Day' kicked off with ice cream in bed as I didn't get to it the night before - I couldn't leave it languishing in the freezer now could I??



No comments:

Post a Comment