Saturday 28 June 2014

Catching up with Carmen.

My friend Carmen has been living in Shanghai like a dude since last August and she's back for 2 weeks. Vietnamese food and gossip was obviously mandatory. 

We holed up at Mien Tay on Kingsland Road; one of about 10 vietnamese restaurants there, but for some reason this is the only one we ever go to.

The food is good but it the menu is a bit daunting - they have goat on the menu...




Salt, pepper and garlic squid, my fave.

This was amazing - some kind of pancake thing with pork. 


King prawns with chilli and lemongrass.


Loving Carmen's nails. 


She's got some boomtastic Michael Jackson feather earrings.

Weird smile here.

Prawns are my best food EVER.

I don't know if this is a normal custom in Vietnam but we got orange segments at the end of the meal. It hit the spot. 


Worth a visit.
 I love you Carmen!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment